Tuesday 7 September 2010

RSC still wants Lazio move

Roque Santa Cruz has talked of his frustration at not being able to team up with Javi Garrido at Lazio:
"I had hoped to arrive in Rome, that was my dream. Unfortunately, the deal fell through. There has been a lot of talk of my arrival to Italy and perhaps next time it will materialise. We will see what happens in the next few months.

"I don't like to look too far away and I don't know what Lazio's intentions are. I have received many offers but I had hoped to play in Rome. I have been happy in England but Italian football fascinates me and I would love to have an experience in Serie A."
Lazio Sporting Director Igli Tare has also suggested there might be a deal done in January:
"In January we will see if is appropriate to make a transaction, perhaps with Santa Cruz," Tare told Il Tempo.
This is good news. The problem with players like Santa Cruz is that we took them on contracts that were ridiculous not just for their largesse but also in terms of duration. A four year deal for someone of his age and fitness history had the potential to cause Winston Bogarde-style problems. But if he's actively keen on a move to Lazio then that suggests we will be spared that in this case. He might well play a handful of games between now and Christmas, but I'm sure the club would be willing to let him go to Mancini's former club in the new year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Assuming RSC goes in Jan. and maybe even Adebayor? What are the chances of getting Dzeko mid season?

satis said...

Worth a bid, even more so if City are in a promising league position and Wolfy aren't. But I think the Germans will play a canny game of holding out for a €50m summer auction.