Wednesday 14 April 2010

M.E.N.: Boateng deal 'in place'

More movement on the deal for Jerome Boateng - the M.E.N.'s Stuart Brennan understands the deal is as good as done:
But a source close to Hamburg confirmed to M.E.N. Sport the deal is already in place, and Boateng will join City on July 1 on a three-year contract worth £85,000 a week, with the Blues beating Bayern Munich to the player.

And although Boateng himself was staying quiet, team-mate Joris Mathijsen yesterday said of the move: "When a club like Manchester City tries to get a player, a club like Hamburg doesn't have a chance."
So there you go. The piece also carries quotes I haven't seen before from the HSV coach Bruno Labbadia:
"Jerome told me his reasons for his move and I have to accept that. He told me today, but his agent already told me some days before. Everything was correct, so I can just wish all the best for him in the future."
Good news. I look forward to seeing him in blue. The article concludes by saying that our next target will be Football Manager 2010's Marek Hamšík.

1 comment:

thomas said...

JPB have you got FM10 on your phone yet?

This is a great signing, Hamsik would also be a top signing. He's a talented midfielder and give us some much needed creativity.