Sunday 27 December 2009

Petrov pleased to play

And surprisingly candid in his criticisms of Mark Hughes:
"Every time I score, I go to the bench!

"Now is not the time to speak about my situation. In the past six months too many things have happened with me. Maybe in the future I will speak 100 per cent. But what he was doing with me I think was unfair...

He said: "I have been away from Bulgaria for ten years, and it's the first time for a long time I've not been playing. But I'm a professional and I grow stronger. If you're not playing, you grow stronger for the next time that you do."

He's out of contract in the summer. If the events of Saturday make him more likely to stay, it's certainly a good thing.

1 comment:

Roval Dorn said...

Pretty harsh to have that posted on the official site.