Saturday 17 October 2009

Lescott discusses City move

Joleon Lescott has a big interview with Matt Lawton in the Daily Mail today. He discusses his move to City:

‘Moving to City was one of the best days of my life because it was something I wanted,’ he says. ‘It wasn’t about the money. I remember hearing that one of the coaches at Everton, someone I’d worked with every day, had said that about me and I thought, “How can you say that when you know me as well as you do?”.

‘Believe me, I had a great contract at Everton. I didn’t need any more. But City represented a chance to achieve real success faster than it was going to happen at Everton.

And how much he's enjoying it at the club so far:

‘At City it’s just brilliant, the way the dressing room has gelled. I think it’s the sheer sense of excitement among all the lads, this feeling that we can achieve things and not just in the future but straight away.

‘You can sense the excitement among the fans, too. They are enjoying watching players like Carlos Tevez and Emmanuel Adebayor as much as I’m enjoying
playing and training with them.’

No comments: