Sunday 16 August 2009

Ade: 'The fans showed that they loved me'

From the official site:

"The most important thing is that we won the game, but I'm very happy," said the prolific Togo striker. "The fans showed that they love me - the noise they made was unbelievable.

"It was very different from Arsenal. I want to give back to them what they give to me. It's not difficult to give 100 per cent for fans like that, and I look forward to keeping this going."

Adebayor revealed: "The boss knew they would be up for beating their old manager. He asked us in the dressing-room to go out and win it for him, and I think we showed our character.

"I'm working hard for the team, everybody is working hard. What is important now is to keep that going - I've shown the fans I'm here to fight for the club, and we'll carry that on.

No comments: