Monday 15 June 2009

Felipe's future

Felipe Caicedo has mentioned today interest from other clubs - including Sporting Lisbon and West Ham United. But he went on to say that he's been told that he's staying:

"I've been told that I'm going to stay here, plus I have a contract with more than three years remaining at City," he added.

It's hard to judge the future of our forwards individually - whether Caicedo stays is inextricably linked with the futures of Evans, Sturridge, Bozhinov and Jô (Bellamy will surely stay, Benjani and Vassell will surely leave.) I imagine that we'll retain at most two of the Evans, Sturridge, Bozhinov, Jô, Caicedo grouping, and at the moment Caicedo looks most likely to stay. But changes in other situations - such as Sturridge backing down on his contract demands - could well see other forwards moved on.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Diamond in the rough this guy I think. Keep him and Boj - jettison the rest.

Unknown said...

I can see at least one of them being loaned out for a year. Caicedo and Jo are young and Bojinov hasn't really been given the opportunity to show what he can do... for that reason I would be sad to lose any of them.

Elby the Beserk said...

I think that no-one will go until someone comes in. One in, one out, is my guess. Patience is Mr. Hughes game; after all, if we can't just pull in the Eto'o's (that was nice ;->), then we have to do what we can - which is to target the likes of Barry, and build until we can get into the Cl. That done, things change.

Patience is all. It is not possible to do this quickly, IMHO, says this 57 year old City supporter. I know I'm lucky enough to have seen us in our glory days, but we have been shite for the best part of thirty years - what is the problem with three or four more if that is what it takes to build progress on truly solid foundations.

I like our Arab owners. I think they are smart enough businessmen to see the club has some really good things going for it; as well, they are the antithesis of the brash &/or weird American Tycoons.

Steady the Blues say I