Friday 8 May 2009

VK and NdJ up for the derby

You've probably seen these quotes, but they're pretty cool.

Vincent Kompany:

He said: "I've never played at Old Trafford - I've never even been there. But I have grown into these colours and into the club tradition, and I feel I am a Citizen! Don't worry, I know who the opponents are on Sunday.

"We want to win, and in a derby there is never a favourite - anything can happen, as was proved last year. Our motivation will be high, not just because it's United but because we are determined to get the seventh place.

"I cannot imagine that any of our players will not have the hunger, and United must realise that the derby is going to get tougher in coming years. There are some big derbies coming up."

And de Jong:


"For me this is one of the biggest derbies in the world. I have been aware of it since I was a kid and now I am part of it, I understand how special it is to the supporters and local people in Manchester - most of whom are Blues," declared January signing De Jong buoyed by City's four straight victories.

"We have been playing well recently but we will have to step up our game another notch at Old Trafford on Sunday. We both need to win the game for different reasons and it should be a great contest.

No comments: