Wednesday 14 January 2009

Bozhinov pledges future to City

It's easy to get excited by players we might sign, but we have some pretty cool players here now. One of them is Vincent Kompany, but another is Valeri Bozhinov.

And this is the sort of thing that makes him so popular with City fans:
"I answered [Gianfranco Zola, who tried to get Bozhinov this week] that I feel great in Manchester City and don't want to leave the team. I'm happy the City management values me. The only thing I want is to be healthy again, so that I can prove myself. Mark Hughes told me that Zola wants me but City made it perfectly clear that they don't want to sell me."
It's difficult convincing non City fans how a striker, who has scored 0 league goals in the 18 months since his £5.5million move, could be such a legend but he seems to be genuinely popular. To see why, have a look at what I wrote before and after his sickening injury at Villa Park.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the boj is class. who can forget his debut as a sub against west ham? he made a great first impression running at the hammers defence and then throwing his fist in the air after Geo had scored. what has happened to our team since that day..the future looked so bright.