Wednesday 18 June 2008

Transfer stuff

  • A rumour in The Mirror today which, if true, is great news. Unfortunately I never believe anything I read about City in The Mirror since the 'Richards Transfer Request' story and I can't in good faith change that simply because the rumours I read I want to be true. So I'll wait until I see them grinning and shaking hands with Hughes on mcfc.co.uk.

  • The unexplained delay in the Jo transfer is now explained. It's a shame that Cook felt he could confidently declare Jo's imminent arrival despite this issue, but in terms of the transfer itself it's not a big deal. The deal for Jo was started when SGE was still in charge, and it seems as if Hughes was presented with it and asked if he was ok. Given the massive cash outlay, it's perhaps better for Hughes to be actively choosing his strikers rather than being presented with them: Santa Cruz, Podolski or whoever else could all be better options.

  • Ronaldinho seems to drag on and on. Even though Cook ought to be the ideal man to untangle all of his various sponsorship deals it might simply be too big a task. And the arrival of Scolari at Chelsea further complicates the situation. I haven't yet seriously thought about the potential transfer, because I was so incredulous about the rumours for so long. So if it doesn't happen, even from this point, I think I'll be ok with it.

No comments: