Thursday 26 June 2008

New kit!

So the club have announced we're going to have a new kit!

How exciting!!

Available for pre-order tomorrow (I'm not doing anything until I know whether Milito is wearing 9 or 10...), it will be officially unveiled on Saturday 19th July, and first worn for the AC Milan friendly on the 9th of August.

I know how much the Milan match means to everyone, and how big it will make us feel that Kaka and Pirlo are playing at City, but shouldn't this season's kit be worn for this season's first competitive matches - the two legs of the UEFA Cup First Qualifying Round, scheduled for the the 17th and 31st of July? What better way of showing that it's just part of pre-season than by wearing the old kit (which I do like, although that's not the point) and treating it like a friendly?

In fact, MCFC are so complacent about the First Qualifying Round that the dates for the Second and Third Qualifying Rounds are pencilled in, so to speak, on the 2008/09 fixtures page on the website! How stupid are we going to look when we crash out to Akranes or whoever, never mind Gomel in the Second Qualifying Round...

Anyway, I've been hoping for ages that the kit unveiling (which, I think, is not tomorrow but in three weeks' time) will coincide (not coincidentally) with the unveiling of a new signing or new contract. Dunne? Jo? Hart? Milito? Johnson? Ronaldinho? These are all possiblilties. I'm getting rather desperate for announcements (I'd even love Danny Mills to sign on for a few more years now), so I'm superexcited about the 19th.

No comments: